Music Theatre Projects Ltd is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee established to develop, create and produce theatre, music theatre, opera, film, TV, online delivery, and live performance.
We celebrate and build on our rich shared heritage of performance practice and storytelling.
Brand new work is being made as well as productions of heritage works, including those previously undiscovered or rarely performed.
Australian voices from across our rich demographic are our authors, interpreters, builders, makers, performers and producers, and linking with international voices.
We aren’t afraid to question current performance practice, at the same time as celebrating the history and evolution of performance.
Founded on a strong set of progressive values, including acknowledgement that the contributions made by professional artists are vital to the development of the human ability to survive, adapt and thrive, we affirm that the arts, culture and entertainment sectors are essential in building relationship with each other and our environment.
Board of Management
Board of Management consists of managing director/public officer, Dianna Nixon, and three directors – John McDonald, Amanda Day, David Pearson.
The objects for which the company has been founded are to:
- contribute to truth-telling, particularly relating to the role of women in history and culture.
- access production resources via investment, funding, sponsorship, donations and other means.
- provide production resources for a range of non-profit projects and initiatives relating to the objects of the Company, including creative development processes.
- ensure the company operates efficiently, with transparency, and in compliance with the law and best industry practice.
- work closely with peak bodies and project partners to maximise opportunities consistent with the Company’s objects.
- apply the core values of sustainability and diversity to all aspects of the Company.
- co-operate with any other company, club, association or organisation, whether incorporated or not, whose objects are altogether or in part similar to those of the Company, provided that the Company shall not subscribe to or support with its funds any club, association or organisation which allows the distribution of its income and property among its members.
- appoint, employ, remove or suspend such managers, clerks, secretaries, servants, workers and other persons as may be necessary or convenient for the purposes of the Company.
- In furtherance of the objects of the Company, to transfer all or any part of the property, assets, liabilities and engagements of the Company to any one or more of the companies, institutions, societies or associations with which the Company is authorised to amalgamate.
- In furtherance of the objects of the Company, to make donations for charitable purposes.
- do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects and the exercise of the powers of the Company.
We are grateful to artsACT for their grant which supported us to create this website.
Music Theatre Projects Ltd
ACN 637987707 ABN 53637987707
Not-for-Profit Company Limited By Guarantee
Listed with ASIC Dec 2019
P.O. Box 33